mantis shrimps ! help

Fersho54

Reefing newb
Hello

I need some help, ive seen 3 mantis shrimps in my tank they are like 2" i cant find their spots to get them out... i dont know if they are spear ones or hammer guys they are brownish and kinda discolored
so.. i want to get rid of em.. in the past 6 months ive lost like 15 hermits n 10 turbo snails... and lots of common craws that were on rock...now i know why,..... ive tried bottle traps but no luck.. any suggestion will be highly appreciated! =)

I was a lil tipsy when i wrote that^. Just make sure when you actually remove the rock the mantis hides in, wear some decent gloves. dont wanna get clipped

I was a lil tipsy when i wrote that^. Just make sure when you actually remove the rock the mantis hides in, wear some decent gloves. dont wanna get clipped

come on Dana its all good it only hurts for a minute while its nawing on your fingers hahaha

Also mantis shrimp are EXTREMELY smart, he will remember the traps you have tried before and will not fall for them.

So better get it right the first time around :)

Holding a huge mantis shrimp - YouTube this is what I'm talking about hahahaha

1. Thats a spearer, mine is a smasher
2. That guy clearly has a sick mantis
3. He's as smart as a box of rocks

This video was also posted on RC in the mantis forum a while back. No healthy mantis would ever let you do that.

The thing about it Kurt is my mantis is pretty bad ass.(not tuteing my own horn)

And after finding out that if my mantis wanted to he could spear me instead of hitting me is just another reason why i wont let him hit me. Dont think i want this going though my hand

fb345cd1.jpg

1. Thats a spearer, mine is a smasher
2. That guy clearly has a sick mantis
3. He's as smart as a box of rocks

This video was also posted on RC in the mantis forum a while back. No healthy mantis would ever let you do that.

The thing about it Kurt is my mantis is pretty bad ass.(not tuteing my own horn)

And after finding out that if my mantis wanted to he could spear me instead of hitting me is just another reason why i wont let him hit me. Dont think i want this going though my hand

its all good i was only messing around. i know they are now joke. Hell I've seen all the mantis VS vids and know they can so some real damage. i commend anyone that keeps them let alone breeds them.

I know you were. The guy in the video just urks me.
Well that's good :D
Ahh ok yeah did not seem all that right I could not have the sound on at work but still did not look right. all the vids of mantis shrimp I've seen they damn near took hands off getting to there food. hmmm..... giving me an idea hahahaha.... absolute pinky and the brain moment hahahaha.... :bounce::frustrat:

Back