Marine land LED's ?'s

How can one tell? I think they should be required to post a comparison chart with LEDs comparing them to T5s and MHs. It seems like trickery sometimes to me.

I don't think that is reef lighting. It says "general purpose". I think if it was strong enough for corals, they would advertise that.

I agree,thats why i posted them here:lol:...it does say general purpose lighting,but what exactly does that even mean:dunno:
was hoping someone may be using them or knows something about them...
You can read testimonials from people on there,but most of the time they don't have a clue

EDIT: wow,quick on the replies,,,:lol:...thanks bj,biff,dave

general purpous usually means just so you can look into the tank and its not dark. Kind of like general purpous lighting in an office building. You know those 2x2 and 2x4 fixtures in the cieling. They serve no other purpous than to give light.

yup, but in the long run, you would save money by not having to replace bulbs every year and the energy cost is lower.

Not if you have to replace the fixture because it breaks or proves not to give the results you are looking for. LEDs in my opinion are still unproven as far as long term results. :dunno:

Not if you have to replace the fixture because it breaks or proves not to give the results you are looking for. LEDs in my opinion are still unproven as far as long term results. :dunno:
This is my whole reason for not wanting to spend $300+ on them.....but was willing to try them for 100......

I'm with David too,i'd like to see some good research on just how good they have made home reefs thrive ..........or not

There are some long,long threads on RC that show results for more of the popular LED fixtures like the Aquaillumination and Maxspect.PAR readings and long term results.

Back