Marine orbit led

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by dragonet123, May 4, 2014.

1. dragonet123

dragonet123

Hello!
    I really want to have corals, but my current lighting fixture is too weak. I was planning on upgrading my lights to the Marine orbit led. How good is this light? I want to keep Hard corals and polyps, so is this a good light for me?

Thanks

(By the way, could someone explain to me what is Lumens, PAR, and PUR.

dragonet123, May 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. dragonet123

Steveg229 Addicted

Steveg229, May 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. dragonet123

JohnVH Reefer Madness VIP Member

Do your research in a lot of cases you get what you pay for. Think more about what corals you want and what their lighting requirements are. How deep is your tank? If you have a deep tank this will change your requirements depending on where you place them. I researched a ton of fixtures from Radeon to Ebay knock offs and everything in between for months. I finally went with a Maxspect Razor and since then my corals have exploded in growth. Basically get the best you can afford, it is not always easy to cut corners in this hobby but we all do out best.
    Good Luck in your research

JohnVH, May 6, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question