Marineland LEDs

That is awesome they are so happy. And, I didn't think of leaving the moon light on for the whole night. I will do that once I start running the light, and I'll try the 10 hours of day light for it...wasn't sure what timeframe to use once I "go live"
Thanks Brittany! Can't wait.

Just got my 50 gallon tank. Now I have to start picking up the other pieces after I buy my new TV. Hopefully I will have some water working to cycle in less than a month. Just have to wait and see.

Your welcome Sarah. At first I thought that was going to be too Mich light and that it would cause algae to grow all over but if you have enough flow, water movement and a protein skimmer the algae shouldnt be a problem. When I first set up the tank I went through all the normal algae cycles and then boom I got cyano! This was before I got the skimmer and powerheads. So I bought two koralia 425 powerheads and a Rio nano skimmer. Wish I got a better skimmer but it was all I could afford and the cyano or better known as red slime algae slowed but was still there. I had to do a blackout and use the red slime remover. So just make sure if you leave your lights on as long as I do, make sure you get some powerheads and a good skimmer.

Moncapitane that's great. Can't wait you get it goin.

Great advice Brittany; I love that other people can learn from the mistakes we make....and hopefully avoid them! Thanks for sharing your experiences...I'll be posting my own experience with my lights on my build thread if you're interested. :)

I think I have either the 24-36 inch or 36-48 inch. Whichever one is $250. I can't remember now. My light seems to scatter pretty well. There is definitely spots where the light penetrates better. Like right under the bulb. But my lift fixture goes across the whole top of my tank so all of my tank gets lit up by it.

You must have gotten the 24-26 since it is the one that is 249.99. I am going to have to get the 48-60 and its almost double that cost. Its 386 so I am going to look around to see if any of the DIY will handle the reefs fine and I am seeing them for under $300.

You are good at finding it. There is only one on ebay at this time and it already has 35 bids and its 77 bucks. The rest of the 48-60 are over 350 bucks.

Back