Matt's 20 gallon long

I got 2 out of the 3. The thing is i got them from a store about an hr away yesterday. I dont plan on driving an hr to return them lol. I'll just give them to my LFS and see what he can do with them. TIme to hunt for the 3rd. Its a shame they are predators they do an amazing job of cleaning the sand when moving around.

I had my skimmer off for a few days, 2 i believe to treat a cyano problem. Successfully btw :). After i did my water change and powered it back on its been spitting out ALOT of microbubbles like it was brand new. Is this normal?

ya like i said i turned it off then added it, left it for two days with just the powerheads on. Then did a 25% water change, then turned it back on. Micro bubbles EVVVVEEERRRYYY where!

Last edited:
Ya i was hoping it wasnt that. The cup was filling up rather fast as well with what just looked like normal water. I had to leave it off today for fear of it overflowing. Will the skimmer remove the stuff i put in?

It's prlly trying to but the cup will fill up very fast. If you do a water change or two it will calm the skimmer down.

Nevermind, my skimmer wasn't sealed up properly. I took it out and rinsed and closed it up the right way now its just foaming like crazy and not filling up with water. Duuhh. lol. I still wonder though can my skimmer remove any of the left over treatment i put in? It said to do a 10% water change after and i did 25%. as usual im probably worrying over nothing...

Last edited:
Yup worrying for nothing, lol thanks though Brittany. Everything is running smoothly once again minus my cyano :)

Stop over feeding and how long are your lights on/off? From skimming through your build i can see your over feeding if you have to suck the access food out after feeding. Thats totally avoidable. Just my :twocents:

Dana

Yea that's what I try to do and then he moved to a different spot and next thing I know there are little piles of food all over lol cuc takes care of it tho.

I think he is. I see him eat a few pieces each time I feed him. I saw him eat frozen at the store too. He is such a slow eaters though.

Back