Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

I would do a water change...I've never used purple up, but from what I've read on the site, it's reviews aren't very good. Some people say it doesn't work at all, some people have had success with it, i''d just do a 20-30% water change. Obviously using salt that has calcium in it.

Here is my scrubber, what do you think???

0730000154.jpg

Those are both 23W CFL 2700k lights.

0730000154a.jpg

Looks good, I'd scuff the screen up some more, and more the light down toward the middle of the screen. maybe add another light on the other side.

Its looks a lot smoother on picture than in life but ill scuff it up a little more just in case. And yes the lights are further down i just had to get inside for a pic. So hopefully this works.

Yeah, it'll work...it'll probably take about a week maybe 2 for anything signficant to start showing up. Clean it anyway. (once a week)...after 3 to 4 weeks you'll be off to the races.

Im excited for everything to get started up, and on the first two weeks, if i see only a little growth, how much of that do i scrub off??

Well I thought it couldn't grow any more in two weeks, but this time it reached the top of the window and was getting ready to spill out the end. My other scrubber was not very grown yet, so I did not want to clean this one today, but I thought I better before it spills. Tests today were N02=0, NO3=2, P=.015? (very faint blue). Feeding is one silverside per week to the eel, 4.8 ml/day continuous feeding of Oysterfeast for the corals (very low amount, currently), and misc nori/daphnia for the fish. Pics:

100-flow-slant.jpg

100-growth-to-top.jpg

100-growth-to-top-2.jpg

100-growth-on-plate.jpg

100-growth-in-cup.jpg

Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxzeAgOS_M]YouTube - Santa Monica 100 - Max Growth and Screen Removal[/ame]

santamonica, I have a spare 150w 6500K HQI Metal Halide around. Would it work even better than quite a few of the normal 24w-28w CF that most people use?

Same place where you got yours. I got mine from a local super art and craft store. I had 3 or 4 different hole size to choose from. When I made my last algae scrubber, i used a few different hole size canvas to try out. The smaller hole one grows much faster. Having 2 of those canvas stack together also grow faster.

Back