Microbubbles/particles

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Well I seem to have got my microbubble issue to go down but it always seems like there are still some microbubbles and "particles" floating around my tank. I do have a black backround so I am sure you can see everything. Are there always going to be stuff floating around the tank? Or am I expecting to much, such as perfectly clear water?

Does anyone else have this similiar problem?

How about you who have black backrounds?

Thanks.

Have a great weekend.:sfish:

I think there will always be some bubbles or particles in the water.
Do you know where your bubbles are coming from? If you can find the source,maybe we can come up with some ideas on how to get rid of most of em.

as long as the bubbles are not a lot, you will be fine, if you have very good surface agitation, you will always have some amount of bubbles say one for each couple sq. inches or so, but not like a fizzle airstone. so if you can provide a pic of the bubble concern maybe some here can render an opinion. hope this helps.

Well I know where the bubbles are coming from; my pump. It is rated at 1,000GPH, I was not aware of this when I bought it. This is a turnover rate of 18x, WAY TOO MUCH..

What size pump should I get? My tank is a 55 gallon and a 20 gallon sump.

Thanks.

I dont think that 18X turnover is to much at all.
IMHO,you can never have to much flow.I'm running a Koralia #4 thats rated 1200GPH + 2 MJ1200's + MAG-5 return pump.

Well I know where the bubbles are coming from; my pump. It is rated at 1,000GPH, I was not aware of this when I bought it. This is a turnover rate of 18x, WAY TOO MUCH..

What size pump should I get? My tank is a 55 gallon and a 20 gallon sump.

Thanks.

Im not sure what type of a setup you have but if I understand you correctly you have throttled the pump back down or it is sucking air from the sump. depending on your particular setup there are a number of things you can do to adjust the flow with your existing pump. Use photo bucket and provide us with some pics of your pump intake, return, and overall set up. will try to help with some ideas.

Here is the deal with the pump I have now. It is the same pump that I posted a thread about it rusting. It happens to be this pump is not made for saltwater applications, so I need a new pump anyways. I have done lots a reading about pumps and microbubbles. The microbubbles are not coming from my sump, I have check numerous times with a flashlight and see no microbubbles. My filter sock is doing a great job of keeping the micro-bubbles to minimum. The microbubbles are coming from my pump. I have checked all of my plumbing and there isn't a leak to be found. The thing with the 1,000gph pump, it is causing to much flow through my sump, my skimmer isn't working at its best potential.

If the pump wasn't rusting out I would just try to put a ball valve on the return line to slow the flow down.

I have decided to go with a lower rating pump and I will go from there. I realize more flow is better, but I won't be relying on my pump for flow, I will make up for it with powerheads.

I have that pump. I actually had a Rio first, and was disatisfied with it and bought the Eheim instead and have been very happy with it.

How about you who have black backrounds?
salty, my 36 has a black background and im lookin at it as we speak and can see some things floatin around with the current. they pretty much appear to be all microbubbles, though i think that this one is from the current rippling on the surface with how my powerhead is set up right now. its not much but i have thought many times that it is probably much more notiable due to the black. I wont change though becasue i feel designs and stuff like that are kinda cheesy. one solution... more rock! build that wall up.

Back