Microbubbles

Ashna

Reefing newb
ibought a protien skimmer.....i know it sucks but it was my only option for the time being and i figured a crappy one is better then none at all.....although i find TONNNS of micro bubbles everywhere and 1.there ugly 2. i think they might be hurting some corals. but iguess on the upside i know my tank has lots of oxygen....lol....anyways,,, i tryed messed around with the skimmer airflow settings and that didnt work. so i tryed hooking a bowl for the water to flow into before it went into the tank to try to minimize the bubble issue but it did nothing....anyoone else have this problem?

I don't personally run a skimmer so I'm not an expert...but skimmers take awhile to break in..some up to 2 weeks. They need to be adjusted. Somebody else will chime in shortly and help you out.

What type of skimmer and model did you buy?

ive had the skimmer now for about a month and its really rather gross lol but whats a bubble trap? and where would i find one?

its a way to set up the baffles in the sump to help cut down on the micro bubbles, but you need a sump to do it. Do you have the skimmer in the sump or is it hanging on the back.

Is this a hang on skimmer or other? Most skimmers will make a million micro bubbles when they are new. Try slowing down the water going into the skimmer, if you can, or move the return tube in the sump away from your return pump. Small bubbles are bad for fish, it blocks oxygen from entering thier gills, and I dont think an air bubble trapped under a coral is good either. But, everything is fixable.:D

it is a hang on skimmer and i cant move it father away fromthe intake, i tryed but its as far away as it can go

Back