Mini Maxi Carpet Anenomes

Tetra1

Reefing newb
I have two awesome mini maxi's, but here is what is kinda crazy about them. The purple and green one stays usually in the same spot and has ull color. My tan and green one disappeared for several weeks into the rocks and then emerged and he is now white. He is doing fine and eats like crazy what the hell? Has anyone experienced this before? Let me know, thanks!

When they lose color like that it means they are not in a good environment. If you can correct the issues, not having enough light or good enough water quality they can be slowly nursed back to health.

+1 LF, I had a nem disappear in the rocks for a long time, found him white, he now stays in the light. My other nems are very happy and healthy though.

If I were you, I wouldnt feed him, all the energy he is using to eat he needs to use in order to get better. Just make the water quality perfect, get the right lighting and he should get better.

+1 fish on the feeding,just like corals that loose their color,the only reason they die is because they do not get enough food to support the colony and die,feeding the nem might take more energy in the start but it will be better in the long run to keep it alive,at least its getting something to nurishing

Umm . .. no, that is not the only reason why bleached corals die. Usually its what causes them to bleach in the first place that kills them. Bleached corals, just like nems, can regain their symbiotic algae and unlike nems, i dont spot feed them.

I have a purple and green one and its has stayed in the same spot as day one. I don't spot feed mine either. I put some liquid drops in for my scallop and I'm sure the mini gets nourishment from it too. My experience has been very good so far with mine.

I have a purple/green too.
He hangs out at the very tippy top of my rock tower right at the surface of the water. So he's real easy to feed when i feed the rest of the tank. He wasn't looking so good until I started feeding him. Now he is awesome and huge. In a mini sort of way. ;)

Back