mini maxi anenome

Steveg229

Addicted
So, I know you should wait at least a year or so to get an anenome, but what about a mini maxi carpet anenome?

My nitrates are 0 ppm or undetectable and Im running 6- HO T5's.

Thoughts? :D

I setup the beginning of September this year. The tank was up and running for 6 months before I bought it. It never went throught another cycle, just a cyano bloom, which I have under control finally. After many water changes, gfo reactor, converting my sump to a fuge, adding chaeto, they cyano is just about gone. My nitrates are now 0 as well. I was hoping to get one for christmas....

It has been done successfully before. Sounds like your tank is getting pretty stable and they are a little less demanding than some of the other nems. I set up back in March and I am still waiting because I want a really nice bubble tip nem. Good luck if you decide to try one!

I have heard that you can keep them a little earlier then the other nems, but I personally would wait a little longer until the tank has been set up (in your house) for 6 months or so.

Patience...I have been doing good so far. Its hard when my Uncle has had his 90 gallon DT up and running for 15+ years and is amazing...i'm jealous to say the least. We will see how things go. I want to make sure the cyano is gone for a few weeks as well.

I would wait until the cyano is completely gone. If there is still cyano in your tank that '0' on your nitrates test is a false zero

Back