MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

come on down....WorldWideCorals is a LFS for us!!!!!

BTW...I ALSO don't ever want to live anywhere that requires heavy coats in the winter....we consider the 40's to be COLD weather here....

Also, just for fun, I hope to get my ATO floats in and the ATO working today....between work time....but with my little girl here it's anybody's guess....

You know, I've been talking with my boss about us actually re-locating down to Florida. It's much cheaper to live down there. And, as far as work goes, cars break down everywhere. A Class B mechanic (Me), and a Master Mechanic (My boss), wouldn't have much trouble finding work lol :p.

Hey Mitch, sorry to hijack your thread for a minute, but, I just made a DIY overflow with pvc. I glued it all, and it's been sitting for about two hours. How long should I wait before putting it in to my 55?

I personally like to wait 24 hours but it's probably safe within an hour or two....just hate the thought of something that strong of fumes being submerged in my reef water....

Congrats, Anthony! Mine is still in the planning/gathering stage. Keep an eye out for my thread with a barrage of questions!

Will do haha, my set up is fairly simple. I'm just going to use a piece of media at the inlet instead of a skimmer. I'm not doing any baffles either. Just LR Rubble and some Live Plants. I found someone on CL who's local with a mag7 and mag9 for a return pump for it. So, things are looking up. Now, enough hijacking of Mitch's thread :p

I moved the LR that my friend gave me into the DT yesterday and I figured I would snap a shot of the tank as it sits today. I have all my original dry rock waiting for me to put the scape together. I will leave the LR in water until I'm ready to attach to it and then I will probably use glue sandwiches to put it together in the tank...maybe this weekend because it turns out the guy I was going to help with his plumbing is going to the beach for the weekend.

I have been running high Calcium, high dKH balanced water under lights with live rock that was covered with coralline in maroon, purple and orange....I guess that's it...

I'm in the Northeast corner of Orlando metro and they are at the South end of town....probably about 40min just because of either the traffic or the length of bypass....I have not been to Living Reef yet...I went but they were closed to install the 700G Display....

It will be....I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks and will get it finished up after that....just don't really want to stock it up until I return...new tank and livestock + away for 9 days = too much anxiety.....

If you come to town you should get in touch....I would be glad for you to see it in person!!!!

A few plans for this weekend.....I picked up another tube of epoxy putty for rockwork, which I intend to get done with...I want to build my probe holder and ATO Float Switch holder and get those items dealt with....I can also build a stand for the return pump which is still sitting on a stack of lumber....those are my goals for the weekend....maybe I can get some more stuff done, who knows.....I will pop up some pictures as things get done....

I already had a full tank - all surface brown algae bloom which is burning out and disappearing already....I added a bunch of fish food the other day and I didn't get an Ammonia spike...I love putting good quality working Live Rock into a new tank...

Back