MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

Yeah, make sure if you run out of algae on your rocks/glass (from the Lawnmower), make sure you have a algae sheet in there. Mix it with good quality frozen food and it should become a happy fat pig lol.

The Midas Blenny (From what I've read) usually is more aggressive in a smaller tank, and is known to nip the tails of firefish and certain gobies. Fortunately, your tank is far from small. And, the larger tank volume will help reduce aggression. Mixed Frozen and Algae is also good for it.

Great fish :)

Okay, so I went ahead and put all the fish in the display....the obnoxious Powder Brown Tang was / is a real pain in everybody's ass...The Naked Clown chased the MaiTai around long enough to establish a real dominant position for now at least...The Sailfin Blennie didn't bother anybody and nobody bothered him so he's good....The little Blue Reef Chromis is hiding somewhere, may want to get a few more of those....and the Midas Blennie must have really disturbed the Tang because the tang went on a total pester fest til the Midas hid....He's not very hidden now and is working his way out....I believe everybody will be playing nicely soon....

I'm waiting for a male Solon Fairy Wrasse just now.........I just gotta get a little clutch of mixed Flasher Wrasse males to pop in and I will consider the fish list pretty well filled up...

Happy to hear it went without too much aggression at least lol. So, I asked you this on R2R but I don't think you saw my message. Are those hybrids fertile yet? Or we still have no idea?

Because, if they are able to reproduce, I'm going to see if your buddy has any extras to ship to me. :)

I hate my camera and I cannot get a realistic white balance so I have hesitated to take pictures....I hate it too because I took over 6000 shots of my 75 over just about 2 1/2 years....

I will see what I can do this evening....

Oh...BTW Anthony...all the fish are out swimming around together like old friends...NOBODY is being ugly to anybody else now that they have gotten used to each other.....Hopefully this won't change but I will be shocked if these nasty little bastages stay sweet....

The Solon Wrasse will probably get bullied a little bit initially when you introduce it. But, the larger tank volume, coupled with numerous hiding places will definitely help with aggression :).

Definitely happy that you achieved harmony in your tank.

Now, pics are required! :)

Okay, I'm very disappointed with these pictures but I will put some up....I think I'm going to have to upgrade to a DSLR sooner than later....

More to follow....

That would be quite the interesting off spring lol. Naked Clowns (I.E. Less White) is usually at the low end of the gene pool, but, mixing it with a hybrid.... 0_0 god only knows what you'd get from it lol :p

It is really cool, now that he has mellowed out nicely, to see the actual maroon color on his back and ocellaris orange by the belly....at first I thought his back was just brown but it has a definite maroon sheen to it....

I was just elected 2014 President of Florida Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG). Tonight was also our first club Frag Auction. It was a wonderful meeting and a lot of great deals were had on a bunch of nice pieces. I personally picked up a multi-limb Hawkins Echinata frag. It will look great in the tank. Lights were already off so I couldn't get any shots of the frag.

I was just elected 2014 President of Florida Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG). Tonight was also our first club Frag Auction. It was a wonderful meeting and a lot of great deals were had on a bunch of nice pieces. I personally picked up a multi-limb Hawkins Echinata frag. It will look great in the tank. Lights were already off so I couldn't get any shots of the frag.

crap that was this weekend. i was thinking it was next. agree with erin that naked clown is pretty sick. you got a very nice collection going. great addition.

The Naked Clown is great but the MaiTai Hybrid is the real showpiece fish of the tank. I'm getting a second one in a couple weeks, it is already being held for me.

Reef2Reef has a guy that has been breeding them (I think). So, what are you going to do with the naked? Also, do they stay ocellaris sized full grown, or maroon clown sized? That'd be so sweet. a 6" Clown that is orange on the bottom and maroon at the top. :)

Back