MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

I hate to put it like this....but....better for them to commit suicide on him than on me.....

Of course my Misbar Ocellaris decided to explore outside the tank....amazingly, clown jerky is brighter orange than the original clown.....

We had to do one of these....

So....my guy got another Male Filament Flasher Wrasse and he's holding a sailfin blennie and a blue reef chromis for me...another friend has a MaiTai clown for me....I intend to get all four and put them in my 10G QT for about a week, to get used to each other....then...into the lion's den...I figure that adding a bunch at once will improve their chances of not getting beat on...Then later I can add a purple firefish and a sand-sifting goby....That, along with my Powder Brown Tang and my Naked Clownfish should be a pretty good stock....may add a hawkfish at some time, dunno....I'm mainly looking for good color and movement...

That's a thought for down the road....just gotta get some critters in there!!! I have all the fish listed as "getting" all coming to me for swaps, services provided, etc....

So I have a sailfin blennie, a blue reef chromis and a MaiTai clownfish in my holding tank. I figure on adding a wrasse, giving them about a week together then introducing them all at once to minimize bullying from the tang....My supplier is having real trouble with the flasher wrasses. He has received 6 now, two jumped, all 4 of the others were feeding great then about 5 days in they all mysteriously rolled over and died...I suggest they are being collected with cyanide....wish everybody would quit that practice once and for all....

I went to a friend's house today to perform a rescue. His tank took a turn last week and suddenly he started seeing death and necrosis in mostly his montipora caps and encrusters. His tank has slowly morphed to a fish with a few softies and nems and his nutrients are self-admittedly through the roof. Anyway, I came home with a bucket and 3 bags of corals and started cleaning, trimming and dipping them....I had a bucket with Revive mixed per instructions and I put them all in the Revive for a few minutes...I then started removing them and inspecting into a bucket with regular tank water...I'm probably about 10 minutes into it and I see a fish in the Revive bucket....I was sure he was a gonner but I put him in the QT with everybody else and with all the frags and colonies and watched...after about 15 or 20 minutes he seemed okay...so I guess I have a Midas Blennie now....

Will a Sailfin Blennie live well along with a Midas Blennie??? I never tried a blennie combo before....

You have ample space in there, and they don't look overly similar. I housed a Lawnmower and a Horseface in my Biocube for about a month before I sold both. Had very little aggression the first couple of days, and after that, nothing. So, IMO It should be okay.

Back