mixed reef

stumpy316uk

Reefing newb
this is my tank it is 389 ltrs and is bout 16 months old most of the live rock came from my old tank there is bout 35-40 kg of live in the tank
tank spec
121L x 62H x 51W cm
lighting 4x 54w t5's 2 marine white and 2 marine blue
deltec mec 600 skimmer
Eheim ECCO Pro external filter running just rowaphos and carbon
2 korilias4
1 korilia 5
1 korilia 1
corals r mushrooms star polyps leathers zoas ricordea kenya tree trumpet polyps torch coral frogsprawn coral acans galaxia coral Blastomussa Merletti feather dusters and more

inverts r hermits carbs red legged and green legged turbo snails 2 cleaner shrimps sand sifting starfish pom pom crab 1 starfish

fish r 2 clowns 2 peacock wrasse 1 royal gramma 1 naso tang 1 orange shoulder tang 1 sailfin tang 1 eibli angelfish 1 midas blenny 1 brownbarred goby

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

20120623_203353.jpg

20120623_203406.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Looks lovely!

But the naso and orange shoulder are going to need bigger homes, and the sand shifting starfish just starve to death in most tanks, FWI.

Looks lovely!

But the naso and orange shoulder are going to need bigger homes, and the sand shifting starfish just starve to death in most tanks, FWI.

I know they will I should be upgrading in the future so they will be fine and it will take them years to get to there full size.the sand sifting star I have had for well over a year and my sandbed is full of life.

Thanks for the comments guys

its not the full size thing that matters, its more that very few sand beds are large enough to support one of any size. They tend to strip the sand bed of the good microfuana and then slowly starve over a long period of time. However, I do wish you luck in keeping yours

those starfish starve in tanks wayyyyy bigger. Remember tangs grew like weeds :D they are little piggys, you may not have a year to update lol, id say start saving.....last month

The only reason they starve is because the system can't produce enough food for it or the system isn't mature enough to support it. If the sand bed is full of micro algae then everything else in the food chain will thrive inc pods shrimp starfish etc or u could be very lucky. Imo

Back