Mushroom coral question

RNich34

Reefing newb
I ordered a single mushroom coral. It came in today, and looked kind of like a capsule or something. I wasn't sure how to get it, so I put it in a hole in a very pourous rock. Will it take in that situation? I'm new to corals and heard that zoas, mushrooms and star polyps were the easiest to start with. Any help would be great. Thanks.

what type of mushroom? Most frags come on a small piece of rock. Ricordias sometimes dont. If its in a spot that will give it light it should open up. When they are shipped the shrivel to less the half there actual size. Did you acclimate it?

I did. But it was not on a rock or anything. Just kind of like in a "dehydrated" ball type of thing. It is in a hole on a porous rock that should get a pretty good amount of light. I figured there it would reach for the light, so it would grow in the direction that it most wanted to, right?

it should, as long as it doesnt just float away. With some of them being so dang little it can be hard to tell which end is up and which is bottom...

Back