Mushroom Coral

earman88

Reefing newb
I bought a small frag of mushroom coral from Petco a couple months ago. It came with around 4 mushrooms on it, which were doing great, these things were in full boom.

About a month ago, all my shrooms but one started to fall off. They stayed alive, they just floated to the sand across my aquarium. So today I finally got some superglue gel and secured them throughout my tank.

Anyways I'm hoping they spread, so where can I expect them to spread (right next to the existing petals?) and what can I look for... I mean what will the new buds look like?

Thanks!

They will bud off from the existing mushrooms. You will see a small "foot" or trail of flesh across the rocks where the new one pops up.

I got some furry/hairy mushrooms last week. If they do detatched, what is stopping them getting chopped up in the fans?? Would they poison the water?

usually they kinda roll around on the sand or in the rocks. ive never really seen em floating around. i wouldnt worry about them poisoning your tank or anything.

If they get chopped up in the powerheads, then your powerhead was just fragging them for you. ;) The little pieces will turn into whole mushrooms eventually.

Back