My 110g mixed reef

Last edited:
probably more difficult, with the bright colors you have to watch feeding and water chem to maintain the colors. i have a green one too even if the green was to fade its not that noticeable.

Read up a bit on "red gonioporas" chichimom is right some reds are easier to maintain but there are a few different species of red gonioporas.

I think mine is a goniopora stutchburyi. From what I read the are some success stories out there but by and large its a difficult coral.

here is the article
Feature Article: The Successful Aquarium Culture of Goniopora Species — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

@barch. using a Canon T1i with a 100mm macro lens (primarily). I also use extension tubes for the real close-ups.

BUT here a couple of updates. I'm getting about 80% polyp extension on the red and about 50% on the blue so far. Squirting it with just about everything.

IMG_5761

IMG_5762

Polyp close-up

IMG_5764

Nice goniporia! Ive never seen the red before, ive seen the greenish yellow and by far the red is amazing. My clown was loving it to pieces and it was time to move on. All in all best pics ive seen yet.

Back