my 40 gal.

tampafishguy

cyano happens...
Here's my 40 gal. Its finally back up and running since I dropped my light in the tank. My new light is 192 watts and has a moon light so I'm probably better off. Im going to get some new fish and coral soon.... any suggestions?

Attachments

• saltwater aquarium 1.jpg
    saltwater aquarium 1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,292
i got one of these Coralife Lunar Aqualight Power Compact Aquarium Lighting Systems | Compact Fluorescent | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - Aquatic Connection Live in 36" for a great price off of CL its two 96 watt bulbs with half 10,000K Daylight and half True Actinic 03 Blue Compact Fluorescent Lamps. i also have two 36" t5 that i have not set up yet. it isn't working but since the edges of the bulbs are black it might be just blown bulbs, ill try to get them up next week. and i have my old t5s too but i already electrocuted myself trying to fix them, and might just throw away.

I have definitely thought about clowns, and possibly a breeding pair of cardinals because i read they were mouth brooders and it might give me a chance to keep the babies... on the other hand i love my oscars, and wouldnt mind something larger that could stay in the 40 gal for a few years.

here is a picture of my big guys...

Attachments

• freshwater tank 1.jpg
    freshwater tank 1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,652
Back