My 46g Bow Front Tank by Sakura2282

Video Update.

I finally was able to take a short video of my Salfin Blenny he has been eating the HA on the rocks and the glass which I think is good. He never shows up when is feeding time though, so now I know he's eating. By the way, I'm not only have hair algae in my tank now, I also have this spider algae that I believe is the so called Dynos ether is that or I have no idea what kind of algae it is.

Quick Update.

The new heads of my Duncan are more visible now, so far I can count 6 heads growing.

2014-02-19 19.11.57.jpg

Rusty vs. Salfin Blenny

This is a video of the territorial dispute between Rusty and the Salfin blenny. So far the salfin blenny is kicking Rusty's ass, he's very territorial and doesn't let Rusty get near the rocks anymore, not without fighting. Poor Rusty he used to be the bad guy and now somebody else is wearing his crown and claiming the territory.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I miss you all too. :love:

Hey Cherry Blossom? Where ya been? How's the sailfin and rusty making out?

Hi! handsome! ;)

I can tell you that I'm worried about her :(. The thing is, she's is not eating anything else that the algae she finds on the rocks or the glass. I've bought formula two frozen, formula two pellets, spirulina formula, and veggie rounds all just for her and so far nothing seems to catch her attention. I have no idea what to do. I'm going to post a video and some pictures of her so you can tell me what you think.I already have ran out of ideas to save her. I must admit I didn't know they were so hard fish to keep alive, and that's totally on me.

By the other hand, her relationship with Rusty has improved a lot, they are not fighting anymore. They can be next to each other without chasing each other as they used to. I remember It was really hard for me to see Rusty was having a hard time thanks to the blenny. It might have helped that by mistake I took her out of the tank like for an hour while I was scrubbing one of the rocks that was cover on HA. I really thought she was in the tank because my mother told me she saw her swimming away from the rock, what a surprise was for me to find her at the bottom of the bucket when I was emptying it in the kitchen sink. Good thing that I always look when I doing it, to make sure no sand or rock rubble makes it to the sink drain. That was like seven days ago, after that she just changed her behavior and now she's a good citizen lol.

Did I tell you that I think is a female and not a male blenny? But, I'm not sure either. :LOL:

Video Update.

My sailfin blenny eating from the rocks. I just don't believe her eating habits can support her for too long.

In this one is eating the film algae on the glass.

This is a close up of her. Is she breathing fast? I think she is.

Last edited:
Back