my aqua one tank 135L love it

Welcome to the addiction! Looking good so far. What are your plans for it? Reef or FOWLR? Any ideas on stock list?

[]my aqua one been up and running now for 2 weeks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 384
  • tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 484
HI thanks
my plans are reef just gonna go with some easy corals for now
having trouble with my skimmer letting too much bubbles out in to the tank so might go with a sunsun external filter with uv but dont know if its going to be good enough for what i want and dont really know what i will need to go inside the fliter to help im just a beginner.what do u think thanks
love to see ur 90 gallon

Stay far far away from SunSun. I had some of their powerheads, and they were pieces of junk (and eventually caused my 50 to crash). As to my 90, I haven't added pics to the thread in a while, but here's my Tank Thread.

Thanks for letting me know I will keep alway from sunsun can u tell me if an external filter will be ok. What media is best to put inside? Thanks

Honestly, external filters are not really a good option for a saltwater tank. Your biofilter will be your live rock, and other filtration can be provided by a protein skimmer and/or a refugium. Most reefers that start out with an external filter end up getting rid of it, since it tends to harbor and leach nitrates into the water.

If you have a sump, then I really highly recommend you look at the Aqua C Urchin skimmer. If not, there are a variety of hang-on-back skimmers that are fairly decent. Although, since your tank is on the smaller side, you might be able to get away with just doing regular weekly water changes and see if that works for you.

I use a hang-on style.powerfilter for flow, but the best media is rock rubble. If you can put chaetomorpha with a light in there, you can have a micro-refugium.

Back