My Bali rock arrived today!

I hope this is Aiptasia I've been killing. I have the brown ones that I always see in fish stores, and then I have these, which are yellow with banded stripes, I've convinced myself that that's what they are, and have lime juiced a few. Anyone want to confirm it? :)
DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Some more of the crab. He's since found a cave and hasn't come out.
DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures.

Last edited:
Sweet. Thanks!

I got an id on the crab, eriphia smithi or literally rough red eyed crab. Looks like I'm going to have to catch him in a jar and get rid of him, maybe throw him in my friends' sump.

if it has clams and mussels, has it been cured? Usually that stuff all dies in the curing process, right?

If they picked the stuff then shipped it overnight, and it stayed wet, then there is a chance that it doesnt need to be re-cured and the stuff will live.

Brian

Yeah they sell both cured and uncured at PA, so I figured I'd pay the extra 50 cents per pound and get cured. The largest clam is only about an inch across, I took some video of him pulling himself into a crevice with a foot. Guess he didn't like where he was, he's the second one I've seen traveling to new spots.

Back