My ever going quest for algae relief

a big ol' media bag full of phosguard did wonders for my nutrient problem and for algae and cyano maintenance. I change it every three weeks. It is a bit price, but worth it for me

-Doc

that looks like a garoumi (spelling?) instead of a molly to me. hard to tell from the pics.
the 'ole toothbrush and a bucket of saltwater trick worked for my hair algae. it went away, then about two weeks later it started coming back. so I did it again. that was six months ago. and still no hair algae. just one little spot on one rock. and it's slowly fading (knock on wood)

If you get another molly of the other sex I almost guarentee that it will work ten times harder. Plus they will make food for you tang. I started my tanks with mollies and I had alot of small ones when I started adding saltwater fish, they all ate them even my old Vtang. I won't try to spell because Biff has it on page two.

sorry I can't do the ol toothbrush one. most of my rocks are too big for me to want to rip them out and do that task. too hard. but I have the media bag full of phosphate remover so we will see what happens. molly still sucks. going back to lfs on tuesday

Marine SAT.
That's where it's at.
Marine SAT.
Had to find my Jessica II a new place to live at
Because of Marine SAT.
That's where it's at.
Marine SAT.

the female sailfins seem to work males hardly touched it and they did better with red cyano bacteria, they loved that stuff, sea hare, more snails and keep dosing every month with marine S.A.T. made by tlc. Other wise a good size refugium in sump with tons of chaeto for all nutrients will be used up by macro algae so it won't grow in display tank. Good luck i ran out of marine SAT and haven't ordered anymore online and algae is slowling coming back in 125 gallon, and this tanks is sumpless gonna have to put one in soon for big tank.

biff- this is why you and I are in our band. because you never fall behind me when it comes to the tracks.

french- this piece of shit hasn't left the surface of the water since the day I got it. I kid you not. it doesn't do anything.

hmmmm maybe marine sat can go on my LR SS 07 wishlist. I think so. don't forget its not too late to sign up!

Octo-Pie.jpg

octo pie, lyrically hit you in the eye.
to all you haters say bye
cuz we gunna wrap out tyenticles around you
make you face blue, you have no clue
the damage we can do.
so just step off cuz the rest of you are just soft
you be feedin off our lyrics like a horse in a trough

Last edited:
yeah i know. it is THE band. THE only one anyone needs to know

i think we need lionfish to take that pic and hook us up with an octo or 2 chopped in there. just my thought :)

Back