My first (55) reef tank

just a few updated pics of the tank...

My new Duncans...3 heads

My xenia has really grown alot...the female clown hosts it sometimes.

Some pics of my Galaxea Coral I picked up the other day...my camera still sucks...Sorry:D

P7100004.jpg

P7100003.jpg

P7100002.jpg

That Galaxea should do good for ya.
Just be mindfull of its placement cause it one of the more aggressive corals.
Thanks...that's what made me get it...I saw it stinging the hell out of a montipora at the lfs and fell in love with it:D

I keep it around 8 inches from the xenia...in hopes the xenia will stop growing like crazy in that direction.

Wow!! thats a great looking tank Smitty!! :D and that clam sure is cute!! i'd be afraid to try one in my tank...

I'm sorry to say, but the clam died a while back...it was my fault, I removed it from the rock, causing his foot to rip, which killed it:frustrat:...thinking of getting another one soon.

Next time, press a metal butter knife up against its foot when you want to move it. It should release it on its own when it feels the metal.

Just an update...I traded in the naso tang, and walked away with a new skimmer from the lfs...an Aqua C Remora. Its producing skimmate like crazy.
AquaC6.jpg

AquaC8.jpg

Full tank shots since I moved a few things around...
AquaC10.jpg

AquaC.jpg

AquaC4.jpg

My frogspawn is starting to split again...
AquaC2.jpg

And my duncans too...
AquaC7.jpg

And last but also least...the lazy ass conch.
AquaC11.jpg

You're right, the xenia is starting to become a concern. I'll probably just give some away, that's if the lfs doesn't want it. They have tons also.

I have a koralia 1 at the bottom,along the sand...a koralia 2 and 3 at the top, for the ripples...and a maxi jet powerhead behind the rocks for movement back there.

Back