My First Salt Water Tank 29 Gallon!!!

Patrick,

SWW has a SWEEEEET Duncan in stock. 6-8 heads, and I have to admit they are the largest duncan heads I have ever seen.... they want $52 for it... I would jump on it!

(Heads are big around as silver dollars)

They had a blue zoo frag, but it wasn't real bright. Had a couple good looking brains and a nice fox... A sweet torch and a couple nice star polys and branching hammers

PS, if you and the significant other aren't busy tonight, we are playing at pelican cove on the res from 6-10. If you haven't been there yet, it's a real nice place. Next to cock of the walk and Phillips

Just got some new coral. Some more ricordea, i think a kenya tree hitchhicker, flower pot & some mint chocolate zoa. Will post some pics later tonight or tomm.

i have a 30 gallon similar in size to yours. i had a canister on there for a while until i had the $ for a skimmer. i went with the octo 100f and ditched the canister. makes water changes less frequent and you will be amazed when you see the crap a skimmer pulls out of your water. nasty smelly dirty stuff that was floating around in your water! like biff said add some live rock too, not only does it add filtration (biological) it looks nice.

If you havent added a skimmer yet i would go with the octopus 100F. It has the better needle wheel pump that the 100 does not, the next step up is the 800S which is rated for 135 gallons. I should be getting the 100F within a couple weeks hopefully!

Just got some new coral. Some more ricordea, i think a kenya tree hitchhicker, flower pot & some mint chocolate zoa. Will post some pics later tonight or tomm.

SWEET! Cant wait to see the pics. Alan @ the Fish Bowl had a customer drop off some Beautiful (and rare) tri-color ricordea that are HUGE. he has them in the QT in the back. If you are around, slide by and check them out. I think he is moving a couple up to his show Tank.

Where did you get your new stuff?

Patrick,

SWW has a SWEEEEET Duncan in stock. 6-8 heads, and I have to admit they are the largest duncan heads I have ever seen.... they want $52 for it... I would jump on it!

(Heads are big around as silver dollars)

Man the LFS here has a duncan about that size they want over 100 for it!!!!! First time I ever saw a duncan I came right home and did some research on it.

Brian

Saltwater and Fishbowl got ricordia from both. Where is his qt tank? I saw the duncans they were some huge heads. Was close to getting them.

Last edited:
QT is beside his SPS tank (to the left). It is currently sandwiched inbetween the SPS and the Anemone tank.

Im trying to talk Alan into letting me grab one of those tri-colors

Yea... Its not really a seperate tank, but they have it partitioned off and have the new frags they got sitting in the middle section.

and if memory serves me correctly, I think they actually have 4 tanks set up 2 X 2 in the back coral room...

Now you got me wondering.. Im gonna drop by there at lunch anyways, Ill double check!

Anything you want me to keep my eye out for?

Nah good for now. Yeah 4 tanks in back but don't remember seeing them. You could have bought them yesterday I bet owners wernt there.

Last edited:
08-06-09 Update
P8065404.jpg

P8065407.jpg

P8065408.jpg

P8065403.jpg

P8065402.jpg

P8065401.jpg

P8065399.jpg

P8065390.jpg

P8065398.jpg

P8065396.jpg