My first tank!!

Thanks guys! Yea, a lot has changed, I used several rocks from the display to seed my new tank. I've got some new FTS and I'll probably post them tomorrow

Ok, here's an updated FTS
FTS.jpg

clownsponge.jpg

I love this guy!
DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

I also have a question, when zoas are reproducing, how do they do it, do they split, drop new polyps, or what? Because I found this little siamese looking polyp
DSC_0218.jpg

What coral is that on the top left? It's cool looking.
Tank is coming along great.
Thanks Dennis, that's actually a rock flower anemone I got as a hitchhiker from my TBS "Package". I've always really liked it, and under the moonlights, the tentacles have a "glowing" yellow bee stripes ... it's really cool to see.

Great shot of the mandarin with it's fin erected.I think zoas reproduce most of time by budding since I never seen a zoa split before.Maybe you have a 4-leaf clover version of a zoa.

+1 Reef. Zoas will normally reproduce by by budding, or branching much the same way as Ivy grows. Though that double is really cool looking.

Took a couple new pics today of stuff in the tank.
The Anem
RockAnemone.jpg

Usually the cuc hides during the day but, I got this cool shot of it feeding on the glass
Cucumber2.jpg

Those critters look amazing. It's not too often you get to see good pictures of them like that.

Thanks Biff! I always see the Cuc on the glass when the lights are out and I've wanted to get a pic of it forever FINALLY it was out during the day :bounce:

Very nice looking tank Brian!! Maybe someday mine'll look that good. Congratz!

Thanks Grassman, it won't be that hard my tanks pretty empty now, all the corals got moved to my big tanks when I set it up do this ones almost empty now.

I added/moved a few corals around. Here's my latest FTS, I need to get some more colors other than green in there now.
DSC_0047.jpg

Back