my first time fragging! :D

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
Soo my xenia was growing out control, surprise surprise. So I decided to cut that back and reattached some to a rock for my lfs and I got a little motivated to try and frag some zoas and palys. I only did one polyp a rock and I did five pieces. A couple are starting to open, yay that's a good sign. Nothing like some of your pros on here but I finally did it!

IMAG1540.jpg

IMAG1539.jpg

Good job!
My zoas are annoying to frag! Always seem to crush them just becuase they are so hard to get at! :roll:

Hahaha. Yea I crushed a couple....Woops. they kinda oozed a lot in the tank. I hope that doesn't hurt anything. I couldn't take then out to frag them bc all my rocks are connected.

Give me some give me some give me some give me some! :p

If you got anything to frag ill trade you! I wanna give these little frags a little while to make sure they heal up and don't keel over. Since its my first time and all. Where abouts are you located? I'm in cicero.

Once you got past that initial hesitation it really wasn't that hard was it? Good job, they look like they will be fine.

We are going to Binghamton tomorrow to look at a truck. :)

You're right fast. The only thing that freaked me out was the milky stuff oozing into the water when I cut them. And there are small, I almost ripped them in half lol but they came off intact.

Looks great! I'm gonna start soon with my duncan, candy cane and Acans. With paly's and zoa's, it's a real good idea to wear gloves and have eye protection, just to be on the safe side...

Yea I wore glasses but I didn't wear gloves...I washed my hands a few times with lots of soap and hot hot water.

I bet you will amba. 400g is a lot of space to fill!

I saw it on Mr. Saltwater tank on YouTube. He does a video right in the store I think with the owner. Seems to be a very good place.

Bee did you use superglue and was that a Zenia you fragged???
If so be careful because when I was fragging my Zenia's they have a mucus on them and the sperglue doesn't stick to well. Maybe it worked for you but I had to use the sewing thread method.

Back