My hex tank adventure into the saltwater.

Indeed when my six line kicked the bucket my Cuc ate the body in hole overnight. So yeah I agree with smitty I'd live the tank as is It's not worth the stress on the tank.

So if I leave the loner percula, I think I am going call himSnowball, in the tank for a couple weeks or months and he makes out fine, would adding another pair of perculas later be a good or bad idea? And I will leave the rocks alone. As much as I want to find that little guy I will accept it, grieve, and get over it. :(

Last edited:
Im sorry you lost one of them :( If you do wait to add another clownfish, make sure add one that is a very different size than the one you currently have so that it will minimize the fighting between the new additions.

NOT A GONER!!! Was home for a while, bumming out...watching a depressing movie and look who decides to show his shy little face. Lily is def a punk.

So the interwebs is finally letting me upload pics again. Heres the pairs of percs I got. Snowball on the left and bottom, Lily on the right and top.

DSCN2299.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

My torch is doing well. I was told this is an aggressive coral and should keep it away from the others so it doesnt sting them. I love the colors of this guy, neon green base with purple and pink tentacles, especially under the lunars.

DSCN2285.jpg

Some of these zoas polyps broke of and are floating around the tank. Not sure if I should let them drift and possibly attach somewhere or pluck them out.

DSCN5478.jpg

I also picked up a new NanoGlo led refugium light for my sump. Love it. Got it at black friday pricing. I modified my sump cover to accomodate it. I will try to post a pic of it later.
Tonight I hope to go pick up the candycane frag from Mike F., the guy who sold me the zoas and mushrooms. This one is on the house. :whoopee!:

Last edited:
DSCN2304.jpg

Heres the new NanoGlo Led refugium on last night. I like that light ALOT. Reg $69.00 at LFS price, Black Friday priced it for 44.99. I know its a lot more than a home depot flood light but this takes up no room at all and the power consumption will pay for itself in the long run. Not a fan of excessive heat inside the stand so this was perfect. Plus, with my obsessive neatness I have plenty of room to hang the TO drip/dosing system inside my cabinet. Pretty clutter-free huh?

DSCN2308.jpg

Well Im proud of it anyway. :)

Last edited:
So here is a photo update of whats been going on over the last month since my last post.
I switched out my two koralia 550s for two koralia 240s (big difference in size) and added a fluval rotating deflector to my return which give the tank a much more random current.
DSCN2312.jpg

My corals a much happier. Speaking of corals I picked up these guys!
A kenya
DSCN2318.jpg

Star polyp? pink mat base with green
DSCN2325.jpg

This sps which I cant remember and a buddy fragged off a pick off his candy cane you can see in the background.
DSCN2324.jpg

The green zoas on the left, a tiny blue ricordea way at the bottom, and the torch in the middle I got at the frag swap a while ago.
DSCN2329.jpg

One of the heads on my favia is splitting and the whole thing has begun to grow over the edges. Also the Hammer I split is doing well.
DSCN2320.jpg

The Duncan has stalled a little bit, has a new branch coming out just under the main head. this colony of zoas is spreading. Lily and Snowball say "Hi!"
DSCN2319.jpg

Also picked up this, which had a crab crawling over it so it pulled in and you can see a brittle star reaching out to check it out, but I think this is a star polyp of some sort as well?
DSCN2327.jpg

I had added another bumpy blue mushroom that disintegrated in 24 hours so that freaked me out. Also, these little white things appeared on the glass in the last 72 hours. Research makes me think they are baby snails. They look like they curl a little bit. I would say approx 30-35 of these things dotted all over the back panels.
DSCN2331.jpg

Last edited:
So yeah. Here is my tank as it stands today in my living room.
DSCN2317.jpg
DSCN2330-1.jpg

Would enjoy any comments or answers you have as to what some of those mat corals or white nubbins are. Thanks in advance!

Back