My JBJ 28g Nano Cube

Ive just noiticed that i have these tiny, tiny like white critters crawling on my glass. Im

sure they are everywhere in there but i can only see if on the glass. Good thing?

I have the API test kits. Should i get another test kit for ammonia? If so what kind? My

nitrite hasnt changed either its still at 0, i havent tested the nitrate in awhile b/c i

figured i would see the nitrite 1st.

Salifert are reported to be more accurate. But I think your API should be fine. I do all of the tests personally and then log it into a spreadsheet to help me keep track of my levels. But then again I am a computer geek (yes I do it for a living as well) and pretty anal so this is normal for me.

mmmk, so here are a few pics. I have whats looks to be little green weeds growing on

my LR. All those white specs on the glass are those Copeapods i guess. And then on

my white base rock it has a dark spot on it growing and it looks black not sure why?

everything else has the brown diatom algae growing everywhere, except for that base

rock.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 352
I think the green weeds is possibly hair algae. The black spot on the base rock almost looks like diatoms as well. It is very possible that they could have spread to the base rock.

I have looked at my temps with and without the lights and they are pretty constant around 79. I have to agree with Biff, you probably need a new heater. Does your house temp go down at night? If it does, you may want to change your thermostat to stay at a more constant temp.

I've heard that Jager are really good heaters. Personally I just have a little Marineland and it seems to be doing well for now. I'll probably upgrade soon to a Jager and just use the Marineland for mixing water.

I am using a Mairneland Visi-Therm for up tp 29 gal. Also as usual my Ammonia

is .25, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 0 and ph is 8.2 for about the 15th day in a row. Could it be

i didnt have a cycle and my ammonia is just reading wrong like biff said? I mean i have

all signs of a healthy tank: diatoms and copeapods.

Back