My JBJ 28g Nano Cube

IME, heaters tend to be under rated. You are close to the upper limit. Might need a new heater.

As for the cycle, throw some fish food in there and let it rot. If you dont see an ammonia or nitrite spike, I would say its safe to add a fish. Just go slowly.

well i want to be on the safe side and make sure he will survive in there. If he does

then eventually i will transport him to this 10g tank i have when i get that set up.

If you are thinking about clowns, you could get one of them. They are hardy just like a damnsel... they are related to them. And you wont have to worry about moving it.

Rod's Food is a good all-in-one food. I use a variety of about half a dozen different foods -- krill, fortified brine, mysis, marine cuisine, emerald entree, plankton, daphnia, oyster eggs and roe.

You know I've been thinking about this for some time. What if you would siphon the water out of the back first and then the display to make up the water change and then use the siphon to put it back in instead of just pouring? If you hit the rocks with the siphon hose I would think it would reduce the sand kick up.

You know I've been thinking about this for some time. What if you would siphon the water out of the back first and then the display to make up the water change and then use the siphon to put it back in instead of just pouring? If you hit the rocks with the siphon hose I would think it would reduce the sand kick up.

That's why I use a small pump for that reason. If you get a small maxi-jet pump and use it to mix your saltwater for water changes, then you just put tubing on to the output and you can use that same pump to empty/fill your tank up and reduce the amount of crap you stir up.

well the tank was already a little cloudy so i decided to do the water change and clean the filters to see if that would help clear it up, but it just stayed the same

Back