My Lawnmower Blenny

jb61264

Reefing newb
Here is Phineas in all his glory...fat and happy camper has been grazing algae since day one and subsequently produces lots of waste. He normally doesn't lay in the open brain coral but just happened to be while I was sitting next to the tank on my laptop with my camera.

21808149.jpg

Need to invest in a big clean-up crew now...algae needs some control

Phineas! What an excellent name. Very suiting for that fish. He looks great, and so does the brain. Although I'm sure the brain will be happier once Phineas gets off of him.

My son actually came up with that one...it's some cartoon he watches every now and then called Phineas and Ferb...LOL...guess what the next fish we put in the tanks name is going to be :)

My daughter names all of our fish, they just all happen to be the names of everyone in our family and extended family that she likes.

I doubt its being aggressive, since there is only 1 single mean asshole lawnmower blenny out there in the entire world... Unless you went to the store he was returned to I think you'd be safe, Lol.
Oh, I did see mine being a badass the other day, the serpent star was crawling around and Brian (the blenny) started nipping at his legs, not sure why. But otherwise if snails have algae on their shells he gives them a hard time too...

I doubt its being aggressive, since there is only 1 single mean asshole lawnmower blenny out there in the entire world... Unless you went to the store he was returned to I think you'd be safe, Lol.
Oh, I did see mine being a badass the other day, the serpent star was crawling around and Brian (the blenny) started nipping at his legs, not sure why. But otherwise if snails have algae on their shells he gives them a hard time too...

and he was returned to a store in Newfoundland Canada...so I think your safe;)

has the blenny been aggressive towards any other fish? I am still debating wether to purchase one of these.
No aggression towards any other fish because I don't have any other fish yet :) I plan to add some sort of sand-sifting goby in the next week or so and will report if he gets nasty in any way

Gotta love those LMBs.
Looks like he's made a home in the brain.
No...the open brain coral picture was the first time I've ever seen him anywhere near it...usually he hangs out on the other side of the tank in a piece of live rock that has some great holes in it...where he sleeps.

This was a lucky shot as he just happened to be perfectly sitting on the coral at the time I was working on my laptop next to the tank with my camera...haven't seen him near/on it since.

No aggression towards any other fish because I don't have any other fish yet :) I plan to add some sort of sand-sifting goby in the next week or so and will report if he gets nasty in any way

I will just let you know, that although it apparently is NOT normal behavior, my sandsifting goby was the first fish my LMB killed. Just incase you'd like to keep it in mind. Hope yours works out for you:)

I will just let you know, that although it apparently is NOT normal behavior, my sandsifting goby was the first fish my LMB killed. Just incase you'd like to keep it in mind. Hope yours works out for you:)
Thanks for the heads up on that...I think I'll move some rocks around when I add the next fish just in case

Gobies and blennies I believe are the fish that are agressive towards anything with a similar body shape. So a other gobies and stuff aren't usually safe to mix together as far as I'm aware of.

Back