My little 20

Ogaawd

Reefing newb
Patience is a virtue, something no reef keeper can survive without, this tank is all about patience lol and its finally ready to go.
I built everything myself right down to the skimmer, that was a lot of fun, once water went in the work started, I had been "cooking" some rock for about 5 months and thought it would be a nice easy start up, no, it was not :frustrat: the rock was phosphate bound from being in use for about 10 yrs so once it hit the light it started to hair over in about 4 days. Manual removal and water changes for about 2 months slowed it down, my objective was to let the HA clean the rock, and it did! started running the Purigen until it changed color then took it out for a scrub, it came off real easy and after adding 10 Mexican red leg turbo crabs its been hairless ever since, cycled it with deli shrimp and just moved my clowns over from the fuge of another tank, fragged a mushroom leather and its doing well, here are a few pics from the start of the mess, as it progresses I will update more.

Thats HA not haha

LED strips for night veiwing

T5 ho blue+ and actinic

Just put in the glass, the white area at the right is the divider for the sump, tank is 24x18 so without the sump the display is an 18'' cube

What I want to ask is what type of tank is that? Custom? I see the back is also slanted. Makes for a unique setup!

Very cool. It looks very well built. Why the solid panel on the right side? Is that to concel the over flow chamber and skimmer?

Very cool. It looks very well built. Why the solid panel on the right side? Is that to concel the over flow chamber and skimmer?

yes, its a mini peninsula style and it sits on my desk, there is an intank baffle for a divider

locline with hagen 802 pump for flow, and the filter sock and holder
Ntankclowns057.jpg

Ntankclowns054.jpg

Ntankclowns052.jpg

Back