my metal halides

Fireplug

Reefing newb
Well today I bought some metal halides. From a dual t5(not HO). Wow what a diffrence and I can see how dirty my glass is. :frustrat: just a quick question all the corals look good as of now. What should I be looking for if they r hating the lights. Some mushrooms,bird nest, toadstools, finger leather. And a torch. The MH are 175x2. And 96 acenticx2. This is in my 75 gallon tank.

You'll need to either start with a very short lighting period and slowly leave them on longer or have the lights raised high above the tank and slowly lower them. There's no way it won't harm some of your corals if you jump right up to that light without acclimating the corals to them. And you'll either see the corals not opening or bleaching from the sudden addition of high intensity light.

Well today I bought some metal halides. From a dual t5(not HO). Wow what a diffrence and I can see how dirty my glass is. :frustrat: just a quick question all the corals look good as of now. What should I be looking for if they r hating the lights. Some mushrooms,bird nest, toadstools, finger leather. And a torch. The MH are 175x2. And 96 acenticx2. This is in my 75 gallon tank.
OMG, gets those lights out of your tank!!!:shock:

well i think its not a bad lighting choice over all but definatly need to aclimate the corals properly,thats a huge change for non ho t5s to halides,either put them on the bottom of the tank or raise the light

Back