My new 150

ravenfan8705

Reefing newb
Well, as most of you know I recently bought a 150 gallon tank. I finally (after over a week of making water) was able to fill it up over the weekend, get the dry rock and sand in and get all the pumps and everything running. I was so excited, we plugged everything in and sat back and stared for awhile. About an hour later my brother came home and found the floor to be wet....not good! Luckily it was only the refugium ( hang on sump) and we got that emptied and are drying everything up. So far everything else is good, I still need to tighten the bulkheads and connections so I can run my refugium again, but I am so excited to finally be able to have the tank running. My plan is to get about 50-75 pounds of live rock this week and let the cycling begin!

Sounds good! It will take a little while to get the kinks out of any new system. But it will work itself out and you'll get to know your setup really well.

Everything is coming along great! My levels have all leveled out and have been consistant for almost a week. I know, I still need pictures.

Back