My new ro/di unit ??

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
Well I got my ro/di unit today! It's the same one that Brandon and Bryan have. The unit is from water general co. Things didn't go as planned. I bought the garden hose/laundry attachment. I got the y pipe installed, hooked up the washer line and the quick connect for the ro/di unit. I turned on the water and the fitting I got from the company leaked!!! :grumble: Nothing I can do because it is a quick connect fitting. I am going to e-mail them and hopefully they will send me another one. So I went to Lowe's and bought the neccessary supplies and hooked it up under the sink. I thought I would let it make 5 gallons or so before I started "using" the water. I can hear an air noise from the drain fitting. Do you ( Bryan or Brandon ) hear any noise from the drain fitting? There were a lot of air bubbles in the "good" water for the first 20 minutes or so but they are almost gone. Since the air bubbles are gone the air noise has gotten more quiet from the drain fiitting. Also I have noticed there is a slight drip from the exit fitting on the ro filter. I plan on e-mailing the co about that also. It looks like they used some sort of putty or epoxy to seal that fitting. Do you guys have any experience with this co customer service?
Brandon I also got the side mount auto shut off. I will not be able to use this for a long time. So if you want it I will sell it to you for what I paid for it. It would at least save you shipping. Just let me know.

I hope everything will work itself out. I am just glad that I won't have to mouch ro/di water from anyone anymore. I'm sure you guys are happy about that too!!

The putty I think your refering to is tephlon tape. That is on mine also.

The air bubbles are kinda normal when you first turn it on. We can all take a look at it sunday.

Don't panic just yet, however you might want to talk someone with a TDS meter to bring it to the meeting.

Brandon

Back