My new T5's

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I bought the Aquactinics TX5, 5 bulb with individual reflectors. I am really pleased with the quality of this fixture, and the light is super intense. I will be able to keep ANY coral under this light. I have been saving for this fixture for a few months and my patience has been rewarded. After doing lots of reading I am glad I decided to get a fixture with individual reflectors.

This was my final bulb decision:
Aquaz Ocean Pro
ATI Blue plus
GE 6500k
ATI Blue plus
Aquaz Ocean Pro

And of course, some pics:
P1000434.jpg

P1000436.jpg

P1000433.jpg

P1000440.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000437.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000417.jpg

P1000420.jpg

Nice Buy!!

You probably know that I almost bought that light too. I'm really excited for you!! I hope you will will report back on how your corals do under those lights and fixture.

I ended buying a different unit and will start a thread on that if you want to see how mine performs.

Really a nice lookin' unit. Congrats! :Cheers:

Edit:
What size is your tank?

I'm glad you like the fixture.Doesn't the IR make it blindingly bright as hell!
Thats the fixture I originally should of bought for my 75g but I was stuck on watts instead of individual reflectors.

Now lets see some corals...best of luck.

Salty,
That light and those bulbs really set your tank off.
Looks great.Now when you gonna add some SPS?

I am looking forward to upgrading my tank lighting in the very near future. It is such a great hobby!!!

-Dr Marco :sfish:

i'm saving up right now to get that light for my 75 gallon i just got, getting rid of small tanks and runnin 125 and a 75 gallon only.

hey salty were did you get bulbs, i'm going to get same light here soon with same bulb configuration also, or did you get it all from same place. Give some info cause i'm gettin same thing you got love that light looks awesome in pic probally ten times better in person.

Light looks great. I have always heard they are awsome with individual reflectors. Good luck with it.

hey salty were did you get bulbs, i'm going to get same light here soon with same bulb configuration also, or did you get it all from same place. Give some info cause i'm gettin same thing you got love that light looks awesome in pic probally ten times better in person.
I got my Fixture and the ATI and GE bulbs from DIYReef.com Reef Aquarium Lighting and Supplies - DIYReef

I got the aquaz ocean pro bulbs from Aquarium Specialty DIYReef doesn't carry Aquaz bulbs.

BTW, I ended up changing one bulb. Here is what I am using now. It gave it a little more tint of blue. I really like this combo.

ATI-Aquablue special
ATI-Blue plus
GE-6500k
ATI-Blue Plus
Aquaz-Ocean pro

If you would like to get the fixture and all the bulbs from one company I am sure you can find a bulb that looks just like the Aquaz ocean pro, but made by ATI. The Aquaz ocean pro is brilliant white.

If you have any other question let me know. I am sure Reaffreek could help also.

Last edited:
Back