My Pom Pom Crab is Back!

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
When I was cycling my tank I picked up a bunch of rock from a guy on CL. A couple of days later I see this thing crawl out of the rock an dit freaked me out. With the help of Biff we figured it was a pom pom crab.

I hadn't seen him since, I just figured he was dead and gone because my tank was still cycling. I was taking some pics of my tank today and out comes the pom pom crab!!

I'm so excited, he's so cool looking. He's very hard to see in this pic. Look directly above the green candy canes and to the right of the zoas. You'll see a white thing, that's his pom pom. If you look really close you can see his legs.

Attachments

• Pom Pom Crab.jpg
    Pom Pom Crab.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 516
Yeah, they're completely harmless. I've never seen one at an LFS. From what I've read they're really reclusive, so you just don't see him...as I mentioned in the other post, I saw him while my tank was cycling and I had no idea what he was, adn since I hadn't seen him in so long, I figured he was dead, then as chance would have it, yesterday I was taking pictures and video of my tank, and out he crawled. He's definitely a cool looking crab.

In aquariums, they generally lose their pom poms. My guy still has one of his,

Back