My power went out!!

YOu have one of those computer back up battery things?

I have one hooked up to my tank...it's not even strong enough to power one powerhead, and it definitely doesn't last long.

That's the one thing I love about my house...it uses a gas for the stove AND our fireplace in the basement where our tank is. So even if I were to lose power in the middle of winter, I can turn on the fireplace and keep the whole house and tank warm.

That's actually one of the stipulations of where I choose to rent/buy -- it's got to have gas. Cuz even if the power goes out, I can still cook :)

I hope you get your power back, brian. If you could find some way to boil water, stick some in one of those rubber bladders, and put that in your tank. You'd have to keep doing it, of course. A pain in the ass. But it's an idea.

We had a tornado touch down here in Pulaski,Va. last friday and my power was out about 24hrs. i also wrapped my tank with a quilt the temp droped to 70 everything came out ok.

I was thinking about buying an adapter for my car that would let me plug stuff into the lighter just in case of emergencies... Maybe run something like that for a few hours to get the temp back up and let it sit for a bit and then repeat if it started to cool off too much. Would waste some gas running the car, but would get you some power.

You can get some pretty hefty ones. Ive seen them up to around 1500 watts. But, I think in the end it would just be better to get a generator. No wear and tear on your car. They can be rough on altenators.

It's down to 74 now. I think I'm gonna go generator shopping. We've been getting some info saying we could be without power for 3 days now.

Back