My tank

clownfish123

Reefing newb
I got my tank in March, it is a one hundred gallon corner bow front. I am going to start adding fish to my tank in August. Currently, I have a shrimp (not sure what kind), three snails (one small, two large), approximatley 35 hermit crabs, 100 pounds of livesand and 100 pounds of live rock. I have one fluval filter and two powerheads. I also have a feather duster and a few other things which I suspect are corals. I made up a list of fish I am planning on getting. If anybody reccomends other fish, to take a fish off the list or How many of a certain kind of fish I should get please leave a comment.

Yellow tang (1)
Lipstick tang (1)
Flame angel (1)
Bluestreak cleaner wrasse (1)
Occerlaris clownfish (2)
Sergeant major (4)
Foxface rabbitfish (1)

The Naso (Lipstick) Tang needs a minimum of a 180 gallon tank, so I would really look at a different Tang other than it. Maybe a Kole or Tomini, which stay much smaller. A Naso can grow to well over a foot long and would be way to cramped in a 100 gallon. Sergeant Majors are Damsels and they are very aggressive, especially with peaceful fish or fish added after them. If you want something that will school, look at the Blue/Green Chromis, much less aggressive and won't bother other fish. Also the Cleaner Wrasse is not a good fish for our tanks as it mainly eats parasites and usually dies from lack of food. Look at the Neon Goby instead, similiar fish but eats prepared foods also. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I was also wondering about the hippo tang, I heard they are very suceptible to marine ich? How is the hippo tang? And I was wondering if the foxface rabbitfish would be Ok?

Last edited:
I'm planning on having a 10gal nano tank and planning to have a clown Gobi, A bi-color blenny, a pair of fire fish, and a small Clown fish (A. Ocellaris) and a dwarf feather duster with some live rock. is that going to work out??:frustrat: :question:

Back