my test #'s

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
ok so i did another test today. heres what i got
NH3/NH4- seems to be around .5 but lower than 1.0
NO2- was easily 1 or above
NO3-looked to be between 20-50 (on the card one side has high range the other low range) not exactly sure on this yet.

Tested with red sea kit.
And i thought no2 came when ammonia went away? Not all 3 at the same time.

first the ammonia builds, as it is building, the nitrite starts to build, as the nitrite builds, the nitrate starts to build. as the ammonia spikes and starts down the nitrite and nitrates continue to build, as the ammonia goes to 0 the nitrites will spike and start down, but the nitrates will continue to build, as the nitrites start down the nitrates will slow down but continue to build. when the nitrites hit 0 you need to do a water change to get your nitrates down. a system may also go through several cycles before it is done. so test and keep records, amounts, dates, times. etc. sounds like the cycle is doing just fine so far.

Ok cool. I still dont mind waiting lol. Im looking into getting my house soon. And I still havent gottin my heart set on a first fish lol. Just wanted to be sure my cycle was doing ok.

So far ive only tested 2 times. Since I know theres no way my parameters would jump in a week or so. Starting this week though, ill be testing every 2-3 days during cycle for about a week, then ill up it some.

Back