Mysis

poolshark181

Reefing newb
hey all, it's been awhile since ive been around. my tank is doing nicely and im already eyeing an upgrade for my 28g =/ anyway, my question is, the mysis cubes that come prepackaged is far too much to feed in one sitting. so, i was wondering, if i dissolved that cube in some tank water in a container, how long would it keep in the refrigerator before id have to throw it out? thanks guys

I probably wouldnt do that, It would spoil before you fed your 28 gallon a whole cube, I only feed my overstocked 50 gallon about 1/4 a cube every 2 days. All I do is take a butter knife and chip a chunk of the cube off and throw it in a little dixie cup. get a little water from my tank in the cup, swish it around for a few seconds, and dump it all back in.

I haven't done it, but I think I'd feel okay using it for up to a week if it's stored in the fridge. I'd just follow the same rules as I do for people food :).

yeah since i only have 3 fish in my 30 gallon... i usually thaw about 2 cubes, and all the left over... ill put in the fridge, usually i go through that in about 4 days or so

I thaw a cube and keep it in the fridge.Use it untill its either all used,or starts stinking,which ever comes first.

it should be fine for about a week in the fridge. I have seen people use those plastic condiment squirt bottles for storing food. drop in a cube with some tank water and let it thaw and then place it in the fridge. squirt daily in the tank until it is used up or starts to smell bad. good luck.

-Doc

Back