Nano CUC

Explicit

Reefing newb
Hey Everyone,

I have done some research on this for the past few hours and I am getting alot of conflicting information on a majority of forums. Anyway I am planning on setting up a 29 gallon nano in the next few weeks. I was wondering what I decent CUC would be for said aquarium. I was think a few shrimp maybe an emerald crab and a handful of snails ( not sure what type yet). Also does anyone have any experience keeping orange sexy shrimp in nanos? they are super bad ass :)

Thanks

I would check out reefcleaners.org to get your clean up crew, its the best place around to get them. An emerald would be fine, but i personally wouldnt add one unless you have bubble algae. They are opportunistic hunters and could easily eat the size fish that would live in that size tank when they get large enough.

But for snails, i would get a couple turbos, a dozen asternia, a dozen nass to stir the sand, some nerites, cerths, and a couple dozen hermits if you like them. You could also do a brittle star too. Just dont get the green ones, they get gigantic and will catch and eat fish.

I also have some sexy shrimp, they are usually pink so im not quite sure if the orange ones you are looking at are actually sexy shrimp. But i could see them great in my 3 gal pico, but now that they are in the 46, i hardly ever see them. But they should be in a group of at least 6, preferably more if you have large tank. I feel like i should add another 20 to my large tank that way they can be in their happy group.

no, thats like 40 snails to 20 hermits. and a good sized cleanup crew is better than a tiny one.

But do check out the packages from reefcleaners.org, they are best. Plus you usually get extras!

No problem, Toronto seems to have a lack of decent shops these days. They have all closed because of Petsmart and Big Als.

I know we have several members in that area, i cant remember any off the top of my head, but you might try asking them where they shop

Go for J&L aquatics buddy, they are decent, and very helpful, just give them a call (thats the only way to order livestock)
Heres their page: Reef Custodians
but i would order some Nassarius snails too, they dont come in the package though.

Back