Nano Mushroom Dorm Tank

drm180

Reefing newb
I'm going to college in the fall and I'd hate to be completly away from my reef for so long at a time so I was thinking about setting up a nano tank wih maybe just so Rics and Zoas. Since I won't have fish, I don't think it will be too much of a bioload so I won't have to do ton of water changes. I was thinking about getting either the Deco Kit or the Picotope 3 gal systems from Drs. Smith and Foster.
Does anyone have a preference between these two tanks? Has anyone had success keeping a tank in a dorm?

I say it can be done, Pico 3 gallon is awesome, always wanted one of those, but cant find anywhere in Canada that does them! :roll:
You could maybe have some sexy shrimp in there?? Including your coral.
but the Deco kit is more money and you get more Watts on your light, its a preference choice really mate, do what you think is best! ;)

It's a tough choice, the Deco kit has a better light but, the pico tank is all glass which is much bettter IMO.

I think I'll go with the Pico and maybe upgrade the light. I've never had sexy shrimp, I was originally thinking peppermint shrimp but that's an idea.

I just want to keep it small enough to be able to take home easily during breaks just in case something would happen. I'm not even sure that I can have a "tank", maybe just a bowl but I might be able to talk them out of 3 gallons.

Back