need a description

mrdarieus

Reefing newb
can someone please tell me what inhabitants are bad for LR? I just recently brought 30lbs of rock, I have had it for two days in a seperate 10 gal aquarium with two 25 watt clear bulbs and two powerheads!!! I will be moving it into my 55 gal 2morrow, but first i wanted to note that I see plenty of life already appearing, some are worms, others look like worms with spikes etc.. There is also the green algae. If you have pics of unwanted critters or know where I can go please assist me.
Thanks Darieus

I would recommend you use a knee high nylon without any inpregnated chemicals and a small piece of squid, clam etc put in the water just before lights out and take out 1st thing in morning. all the carniverous animals bristle worms or fire worms will be caught in the nylon and you can remove um. just throw it away. then you can place your rock in the main system. good luck. I would recomemnd the following book Marine Invertebrates by Ronald Shimek ISBN 1-890087-66-1

Also keep an eye out for mantis shrimp... pain in the but if you ever get them in your display. Trust me.

Brandon

Back