need an idea marine gods

mikej2336

Reefing newb
forget the moorish idol, the puffer and the bastard damsel as what ryanG said but what fish do you guys think that will get along with yellow tang, clownfish and some soft corals? i need your suggestions and kindly be specific about the fish..thank you marine gods

I would add the clowns last,they are the bastard child of damsels.

I always recommend a reef safe wrasse.One of the fairy or flasher wrasses are nice.Carpenter,McCosker's,Filamented flasher wrasse or Longfin,Scott's fairy wrasses.

There are too many flasher and fairy wrasse to list.Most,if all are pretty peaceful,colorful and easy to care for.Watch out though,they like to jump.

Firefish are great, easy fish. I prefer the red firefish, but a lot of people like purple firefish better.

The prettiest fish ever is a leopard wrasse. NoobDeBiff bought me one as a present, and it was the coolest present every.

Look up the different types of pseudochromis. Those are nice looking fish too.

I have a pair of scissortail dartfish in my tank. Very hardy, interesting looking fish. Kinda hard to find, but they make a great addition.

Lawnmower blennies are awesome too.

Anthias are amazingly beautiful fish. I have a school of Bartlett's in my 90, but they just need a 50 or so for swimming room. pink and yellow... just amazing fish. They can be a bit pricey though.

Foxface will work in your tank. They stay about 6-7 inches. I wouldn't do a tang. If you want clowns, but don't want the aggressive ones, check out the pink skunk clowns. They are the shy breed of clowns. Also, I must advocate for my angelfish. If you are just going to keep soft corals (leathers, mushrooms, etc), look at the flame angel or coral beauty. Beautiful fish. you might even consider a vermiculated angelfish - they almost look like a butterfly fish and ignore soft corals. Good luck

-Doc

I would definitely look at the many types of reef safe wrasses. I have a ruby headed wrasse that is great. I may add another wrasse if they are OK together (I'll be researching long before I do, plus I want to keep the fish count well below the max for my tank). You might also want to look at a queen wrasse. I don't recall the minimum tank size (it grows too big for my 46 gal). My LFS had an absolutely beautiful one their display tank.

I think wrasses are beautiful and thought my gf would like them. For some reason she doesn't care for them that much. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think wrasses are beautiful and thought my gf would like them. For some reason she doesn't care for them that much. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That's too bad, they are one of my favorites. However, I looked at the Queen (Coris Formosa) and it wasn't listed as reef safe and requires at least a 100 gal tank. It can get up to 33" according to one site and tends to turn over rocks hunting for food. The adults are beautiful fish though.

Back