need centerpiece fish.

jandswyo

Reefing newb
Okay, was hoping to get some good ideas for a centerpiece fish.
55 gallon
Current residents are a false percula, six-line wrasse, green chromis, and algae blenny.

I have about 45-50 lbs. live rock with about 1" aragonite. Good filtration good skimmer, water is looking good! tank is ready for its centerpiece. Looking for a good hardy of course beautiful fish.

Any suggestions?

I have a Midas Blenny and it is clearly the centerpiece of my tank even with a large Flame Angel in there. It is bright yellow and pinkish, several inches long, digs holes in the rock and makes its own home, and goes all over the tank making quick stops back in its home. It is the quickest eater of the group and has even been known to do cannonballs into my sand bed and twists off the of rock formations.

Just make sure the tank is covered. If I recall correctly, Biffer's tilefish decided it would be more comfortable on the tile than in the tank :shock:.

Yeah, it may have had a fighting chance too, had one of the cats not promptly bit its head off...

Red sea purple tang or, a foxface rabbit fish. both are very colorful and will also contribute to the tank upkeep. it will take a weeks for the six line to settle down once the addition is added but, all should get along in the long run.

Back