Need help/advice

jeppun21

Reefing newb
Hi everyone.. well i have a biocube 14... been running for about 7 weeks now.. been having some purplish red stuff growing on my live rock was wondering what it was and should i be concerened...And also i saw these white looking zoa things growing on my live rock d.. do u guys have any idea what it might be?

thanks
jep

1. either cyano or coralline. If it brushed off easily its cyano and needs to be dealt with, but coralline is good thing!

2. sounds like pineapple sponges, harmless filter feeder

Well i had some growing on the glass of my fish tank.. i used the glass cleaner it came right off... Does that help at all... i never tried taking it out of my live rock though but i'll check... for coraline does it benefit my tank?

thanks
jep

Oh ic.. i'll try to take a look at it more closely to try figure out what it is... Also i have these green bubble looking things growing on my live rock do u knw what it may be... Also was wondering... do u thnk i can add another fish in my tank.. i have a 1 ocellaris clown fish, 1 shrimp goby, 1 pistol shrimp, 3 nassarius snails, 5 hermits? Sorry for the many questions.lol

thanks
jep

That sounds like bubble algae, i would remove it very carefully by hand. If you pop them you can release spores.

Also i would say no to the fish

Back