need help instantly Verry important

yeah .25-.26 is where you should be aiming

Oh, wow, really??? I thought .27 was waaay too high, but I guess not. Good. Anyhoo, refractometer should be at my lfs next thursday :)

They're all definitely right, though, kwater -- if you're just topping off, just add regular rodi water. It is definitely good to have some way to test your salt yourself. I check mine daily.

I checked my hydrometer against my refractometer and it was off by .03! Like others I suggest picking up a refractometer.

i think i have the best hydrometer ever made, i just checked it against my refractometer and it is only .001 off it reads 1.024 when my salinity level is 1.025

same here, mine is off by .001 too. I recently had it checked by my LFS. instead of buying a new one every year, i just mark it against my LFS. So far it hasnt gone bad.

you still have not answered the question as to why your water is low. if your water is low due to evaporation, start a plain water drip to bring the level back up. the drip can be done with a container, air line hose and something to crimp the airline so you can control the drip. a drop or two a second should be fine. this will allow the animals to adjust. once you are back to where the level should be, then your salinity should be within acceptable levels. you then need to get a salinity tester/refractometer and check it your self. (NOW IF YOU HAVE TAKEN WATER OUT OF THE TANK THEN YOU WILL NEED TO REPLENISH WITH MAKEUP SALT WATER. ) SIMPLY PUT YOU MAKE WATER CHANGES WITH SALT WATER, AND TOP OFF MAKEUP DUE TO EVAPORATION WITH JUST PLAIN WATER AND NO SALT. LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.

Back