need help!!!

pballer

Reefing newb
yea im just starting up my new tank(12g nano cube dx for my desk at college) and the local pet store is not so great so i had my dad send me up a few things. I got the live rock and some celerpura(yea i prob butchered the spelling.) I noticed in the bags of celerp there was some red worms like things which i was told were fine and i also noticed something atttached to the bag which looked like a really tiny sea anenome. So i thought o cool a free anenome and i put it in. It attached itself to the celerp and i have been monitiring in the paast few days. However this morning i was looking at it and it appered like it tripled in size(o yea i have no idea wat kind it is. and its still only like a cm in diameter) i show it to my friend and he looks in the tank and is like dude u got 2. Im say wtf and look and there was. I decide to do some investing in the tank and discover there are about 8 or 9. Now i start to panic b/c i dont know if it came w/ 8 or 9 or they are just reproducing like crazy and if they are reproducing like crazy will they take over my tank. So i was wondering if anyone knows what i should do. It appears to be that the anenomes have a whitish base and brownish marron tenticalles w/ bulb like things at the tips. thanks in advance

yea just looked again some appear to be an orangish brown color im trying to find some 1 on my floor w/ a good digi cam to take pics

could be aiptasia anenome's can if there not to big you can add a peppermintshrimp they eat aptasia, and there is also a nudibranch that will eat all aiptasia till its gone this starve and die. worked for me

i was wondering if the are bad for a small reef aquarium and if they wil reproduce like crazy b/c i already have 9 of them in there
thanks

if you try poking or cutting them out that will cause them to spread i keep peppermint shrimp in my tank they take care of them pretty good as long as they are small ones.

yea i just looked at some full pics on google to see if they looked the same the ones i have seem different im trying to locate a dig cam should find 1 soon

If you are trying to set up a nano reef, I would also suggest that you get rid of the caulerpa. It spreads like crazy and in such a small tank it will easily choke out anything you try to put in there. I found out the hard way, I had some caulerpa in my 55 gallon for my tang to eat (I started with about two leaves) and it quickly got out of control and now I spend a lot of time manually removing it from the rocks, what seems like an exercise in futility.

mail

heres a pic of 1

Anemonia majano are pesty and will continue to multiply.I guess the question is do plan on keeping any zoos or shrooms if so they will sting coral and some inverts.They kinda look like miniture bubble tip anemones

Last edited:
i just purchased a cleaning crew w/ two peppermint shrimps. i no they eat the apstia anenome or whatever its called will they prob eat the majano.
also how big do the majano get in diameter about

Back