need some help

rocking

Reefing newb
need some help
am just now returning to reef tanks
can anyone send me some coralline algae scrapings to get some live rock going all i can fiend is the Fiji purple and its not been realy good !
so i desided to try and seed my own rock .
can anyone send me scrapings ?

You would be better off to find a fellow hobbyist in your area, or a LFS and get a scoop of their sand, and a piece of their LR. There is more to LR than simply covering it in Coraline.

crappy as in flatworm infested or as in simply not pretty? Coraline will take different colors under different lighting and depths. If they don't have parasites then it shouldn't matter how it looks. You just need to seed as you stated. Just my :twocents: either way good luck. I'm not trying to talk you out of doing what you want to do, just proposing an alternative that may make your setup a bit more simple. Have Fun!

crappy as in flatworm infested or as in simply not pretty? Coraline will take different colors under different lighting and depths. If they don't have parasites then it shouldn't matter how it looks. You just need to seed as you stated. Just my :twocents: either way good luck. I'm not trying to talk you out of doing what you want to do, just proposing an alternative that may make your setup a bit more simple. Have Fun!

+1 Justin.

Was thinking the same thing. Just get some rubble from someone, bury it in the rock work, and go from there.

flatworm bad in there live rock and i dont want it in my tanks thats why i asked for someone to send scrapings so i can seed my own rock

You probably are not going to find someone on here who can do this. I would check out craigslist and see if you can find some who is taking their tank down and you can buy some stuff or look for a local reef club.

I smell a rat!!! You claim to have 3 large tanks in your sig and yet you are here begging for scrapings to seed LR for I must assume all 3 tanks?
...Your plan is to seed 828 gallons worth of LR with a scraping? That's well over 1000lbs of LR. If you truly had the tanks you say you do, you would be ordering from someone like TBSW and seeding would be a moot point. Second, if you truly had 20 years experience, you would know that there is far more to LR than just coraline scrapings. My third, and final point, if you are going to call out a moderator for their technical knowledge, learn to spell. When you are trying to talk down to someone but cannot even spell simple words like "glass" correctly, you just come across as ignorant!

i am trying for diff colers is tierd of same old stuf and stuf i would not put in my take i have 2 lfs in 50 miels of me and i will not get a thing from them the live stock suck in the last 6 mouth i have seen more dead fish and pearsits on things than i want to deal with is better to get scrapings and start a seeding to see what u get am hopeing to get diff coloer thang just same old things everyone keep running hopeing to get diff coloer do to diff minarials

He's a tool and a fraud...Why don't you respond to my response in your other thread you douchey douche who douches.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
i am trying for diff colers is tierd of same old stuf and stuf i would not put in my take i have 2 lfs in 50 miels of me and i will not get a thing from them the live stock suck in the last 6 mouth i have seen more dead fish and pearsits on things than i want to deal with is better to get scrapings and start a seeding to see what u get am hopeing to get diff coloer thang just same old things everyone keep running hopeing to get diff coloer do to diff minarials
Ar yuo soem knid a speshal?

sheenwinning.jpg

wow,i think my daughter could spell better lol,i think someone needs to go back to school lol,but yea scrapings will do no good if they have to be shipped,your almost better off getting some used filter media floss,it would contain the spores of differant coraline

Back