need some help

Fireplug

Reefing newb
ok in the last week amd half I lost 2 cleaner shrimp 1 banded coral shrimp. birds nest is bleaching out. I tested for stray voltage and meter did not move. stuck black in three ground and red lead in tank. no movement of the needle.

ph 8
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 10 (always 10)

im getting asmall break out out cyano.no test kit for phos. building a fuge and hope to get it going by next weekend. tank has been going since jan.all other corals are doing fine.the birds nest didn't like the halides do its actually on the bottom off the tank now

I'm not sure if you acclimated your birds nest or not, but for future reference you need to acclimate ANYTHING you put in your tank to your lights, not enough light is better than too much IMO. As for your shrimp, what's your SG?? Also, do you have any other inverts? If so, how are they doing?

sorry for the late response. ok forgive me for not having the exact numbers but this is the test

phos .25
calcium was 520
all other test were in range

I have hermits and snails= all doing good
I have toadstools, mushrooms, torch= all doing good

Just scared to add anymore shrimp right now not knowing what is going on

What is your alk testing at? The Phosphates are kind of high, and high phosphates can cause SPS to bleach out. I'm not sure on the shrimp issues though, if you have cyano starting its possible your nitrates are higher than what your test is reading - and that could have caused issues with the shrimp

it tested in the normal range. Dont have the numbers with me at work. its a small cyano breakout like the sand is just starting to turn color

Back